The Sigrist OilGuard operates on the proven UV fluorescence measuring principle. Aromatic hydrocarbons possess the ability to emit visible light when radiated with UV light. This makes it possible to detect oil-in-water in the low ppm range even if the water is very turbid.
The non-contact type flow cell uses a falling stream method of measurement. This greatly reduces maintenance as the oil does not come into contact with the glass optics.
- Oil in produced water on offshore oil platforms and FPSO vessels
- Oil traces in condensate and boiler feed water
- Oil in process water
- Oil monitoring in cooling water or storm water
- Oil in bilge or ballast water on board ships
The Sigrist OilGuard EX can be approved to operate in the following hazardous locations.
- Class 1, Division 1, Groups B,C,D.
- Class 1, Division 2, Groups B,C,D.
- EEx-p IIC